Sunday 22 April 2012

MNS: Kandawgyi Lake In Black & White

Image 01. Exposure: Aperture F8|Shutter Speed 30s|ISO 160
Image 02. Exposure: Aperture F8|Shutter Speed 1/4s|ISO 800
Image 03. Exposure: Aperture F8|Shutter Speed 1/5s|ISO 400
I hardly make any B&W image, it is just not my thing.

To gain more knowledge about this genre, I did spend sometime finish reading few books about B&W photography, and learned some cool techniques but become forgetful as I hardly practice it that much. Few keys for good B&W photos are looking for/pre-visualize -

- Shape & Form
- Texture & Pattern
- Contrast
- Tonal Range

So why B&W this time? It comes down to the visit of Kandawgyi Lake at night. Today Kandawgyi Lake becomes famous leisure park and there are a lot of people visiting the lake, especially family and lovers, however the most interesting aspect of this lake to me is "you see a lot of hard light and strong shadow almost everywhere".

Thought process: Kandawgyi Lake seems to be a good playground for B&W photography, my friend has accompanied me to the lake since he want to see how I capture night photos. I spent sometime sharing my experience and showing some spontaneous light painting to my friend, after that I focused on hunting strong shape and shadow that reflect the objects I was capturing.

Post-processing wise, I'm gearing towards neo-noir style.

No comments:

Post a Comment